Monday, April 1, 2019

CHEMISTRY 3/29 & 4/2, 2019

OBJECTIVE:Students will complete an evaluation to show that they have mastered 80% of the information on solutions.

W.O.D. Assuage-to ease, to pacify

WARM-UP
What mass is needed to make  2 liters of a 1.5M solution of MgF2?

CW
1. Complete assessment of 16.1 and 16.2
2. Notes on Acids, bases, and salts (chapter 19)

OBJECTIVE: Students will describe and explain the properties of acids and bases using 2 theories of acids and bases.
1. Define an acid and a base according to (a) Arrhenius (b) Bronsted-Lowry
2. Give some properties of Arrhenius acids and bases
3. Arrhenius acids can be classified as being (a) monoprotic (b) diprotic (c) triprotic. Explain this classification.
4. Describe the formation of a hydronium ion and state where it is usually found.
5. According to Bronsted-Lowry, what are conjugate acid-base pairs? Give an example.

No comments:

Farewell for now, 2019

The time has come for me to say bye for now. I have decided to put away my teaching tools. I am done with this portion of my life. I now loo...