Monday, April 1, 2019

ENVIRONMENTAL SC. 3/29 & 4/2, 2019

OBJECTIVE: Students will explain the importance of industrial agriculture and the green revolution.

W.O.D. Assuage-to ease, to pacify

WARM-UP
1. Define the following terms: 
agriculture, 
traditional agriculture, 
industrial agriculture, 
green revolution, 
integrated pest control, 
biological pest control, 
pollinator, 
chemical pesticides, 
fertilizer, 
fertile crescent, 
monoculture, 
yield, 
pest, 
parasite, 
selective breeding, 
biodiversity, 
immunity.


CW- Industrial vs. sustainable agriculture

1. View the video found at https://youtu.be/KHG10f9uayo and complete the following:
2. Using  T-charts for each type of farming method, list 6 pros and 6 cons for type of farming method
3. Using the textbook, page 382, define organic agriculture and list some of the criteria used to classify crops as organic.
4. What are some advantages and disadvantages of organic farming?

No comments:

Farewell for now, 2019

The time has come for me to say bye for now. I have decided to put away my teaching tools. I am done with this portion of my life. I now loo...