Thursday, September 21, 2017

Chemistry Sept. 20 & 21, 2017

•OBJECTIVE: Students will describe and explain how to use the scientific method to solve a question.
•W.O.D. Fluctuate-to vary irregularly
•WARM-UP
1.DEFINE observations, inference, hypothesis, theory, & scientific law.

2.Does science knowledge change over time? Explain

Classwork
•OBJECTIVE: Students will make observations and draw inferences in order to describe how science is done.

•The Far side cartoon
•Fossil foot prints.
•Watch the video
• review with the class observations vs. inference
Part 2
•Choose 1 topic
•research topic by using Google with quotation marks
•Write a summary paragraph of what was found.
Using your paragraph look for all observations and inferences mentioned and list them in a T table.
•How do we know:
The structure of DNA
What killed the dinosaurs?
That cigarette smoking can cause cancer in humans
The inside of an atom
That evolution happened
That the earth is round

No comments:

Farewell for now, 2019

The time has come for me to say bye for now. I have decided to put away my teaching tools. I am done with this portion of my life. I now loo...