Monday, April 3, 2017

Chemistry April 3 & 4, 2017

•OBJECTIVE: Students will describe and explain, orally and in writing, how gases behave under various conditions.
•W.O.D. Dissonance-lack of harmony or agreement
•WARM-UP
1. According to Gay-Lussac’s law, how does the absolute temperature vary with pressure?

2. A gas has a pressure of 110 kPa and the temperature is reduced by half. What will be the new pressure?

HW
•Explain in detail how 2 of the following works. In your explanation mention how factors such as pressure/volume/temperature/amount of gas, change in the process. Apply a gas law(s) in your explanation.
•How does a hot air balloon work?
•How does a syringe work
•Pressure cooker
•Scuba diving
•Car tires
•How is liquid nitrogen made?

CW page 480 #47-50, 52, 56, 58, 60

No comments:

Farewell for now, 2019

The time has come for me to say bye for now. I have decided to put away my teaching tools. I am done with this portion of my life. I now loo...